Sunday, September 10Regular price $85.00
Medicine-Making Intensive: Oils, Salve, Balms and Butters
For those wanting experience making salve and natural beauty care.
11am-2pm (3-hour workshop)
Supplies, snacks and beverages provided.
In this workshop, you will make (and take home):
- two roll-on oils (essential oil infused, 10 mL; a relaxing blend and an invigorating blend)
- healing salve (150 mL in 8-12 tins—depending on the size of tins you choose)
- lip balm (8-10 tubes)
- whipped body butter (group project; everyone will get one 3.4 oz container to take home)
All of the products you make and take home are valued at over $100.
- Hand-out with recipes
- Instruction and demonstration (~1 hr)
- How to make medicinal infused oils (two methods)
- Explore a variety of oil-based topical medicines and how to use each
- Learn some basic herbs that support skin health and healing
- Explore ways to incorporate medicinal infused oils in your daily life
- Snack Break (15 min)
- Medicine-making (1.5 hr)
- Group projection/demonstration: whipped body butter
- Make two roll-on crystal/essential oil infused oils
- Make a healing salve
- Make lip balm
- Closing honoring ceremony (~15 min)
Kids/Teens are welcome. Kids 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Use the code KIDS10 at checkout to receive $10 off of the kids/teen ticket.
Instructor: Delena Rose Tsang, B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Ed.
Delena has been a passionate gardener for over 25 years and has been foraging and making plant medicine for over 12 years. Her practice is guided by her Indigenous (Metis) culture as well as a scientific background (biology, ecology, plant intelligence). As an educator, Delena loves spending time with people on her and in in her garden.